Become an ATAA Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Assembly of Turkish American Associations(ATAA). By becoming an ATAA member you will be part of a network of Turkish-Americans and friends of Turkey who care about the historic relationship between the two peoples and who are aware of the crucial role each one of us plays in strengthening the relationship and promoting an accurate and fair picture of Turkey and Turks.
ATAA offers individual and component membership levels to help you personalize your involvement and interaction with the association. All memberships are valid for 12 months from date of payment. Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Eligibility for Membership:
Assembly Members shall be individuals who concur with the goals and aspirations of ATAA. They shall apply, and must be admitted, for membership.
- Application for Membership:
Application for Assembly Membership shall be with a letter expressing interest to join ATAA.
- Acceptance for Membership:
- Acceptance to Assembly Membership shall be upon approval by the Secretary.
For any single donation of $250 and above ATAA will send you a letter confirming your donation, For any single donation under $250, your cleared check, credit card statement may serve as proof of your donation for tax purposes. If you receive any benefits/services in return for your donation, a portion of your donation may not be tax-deductible, please consult your accountant.
ATAA Component Membership
For annual membership renewal payment, please click here.
Application to become an ATAA component association must be made in writing to the ATAA Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will determine the eligibility of the applicant to become a component association. The President of the Assembly shall report the recommendation of the Board to the next annual Assembly of Delegates. Component status shall be granted upon an affirmative simple majority vote of the delegates present.
Eligibility for Membership:
1. The Component Association shall have goals and aspirations consistent with those of ATAA, as demonstrated by their Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.
2. The Component Association shall apply, and must be accepted, for membership as discussed in the next section.
3. An applicant association and, upon approval to membership, a Component Association, shall not engage in activities that are at cross purposes with an existing ATAA Component Association.
4. An applicant association must have been incorporated and functional for at least 3 months prior to mailing its application.
5. Upon approval, the Component Association shall fulfill the following, annual requirements
(the records listed below shall also be submitted as changes occur):
- Pay membership dues set by the ATAA Board of Directors.
- Send the names, addresses and telephone numbers of its Board of Directors.
- Send a copy of association’s current membership and address list.
Be prepared to designate the delegates that will represent the association at ATAA Assembly of Delegates meetings.
Application for Membership:
1. A letter of intent expressing interest to join ATAA shall be forwarded to ATAA.
2. The following requirements are submitted with the membership application form:
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of its Board of Directors
- List of names and addresses of current membership
- $250 membership fee (for online payment, please click here.)
The following documents do not need to be submitted but must be available for review if needed:
- Articles of Incorporation of the association.
- Bylaws of the association.
- Annual budget and activity list
- Membership list
For annual membership renewal, please click here.